Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our Family is Expanding

We are proud to announce that in September, Julia will become at big sister. I am currently 13 weeks pregnant with a little baby boy (affectionately referred to as 'two potato') due September 11th.

Ultrasound at 9 weeks. At this age the baby's head is the same size as the body and we thought it looked like two potatoes.... and that name stuck.


Ultrasound at 12 weeks

You can tell he is going to be a trouble maker, because in a few of the photos he looks like he has an 'evil grin' and a mask on.




So far this pregnancy has been completely different than with Julia. I have been exhausted with morning sickness and a lot of food aversions. My morning sickness finally got better last week and the very next day sciatica started. Two potato won't let me catch a break. I haven't had many clear food cravings, but lots of food aversions. For about 2 weeks I lived on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, raisin bran cereal, chocolate milk, apples, and juice. I guess I would say two potato's current favorite foods are fruity cheerios cereal and McDonald's Oreo McFlurries.

We haven't officially told Julia that she is going to be a big sister yet. With a toddler's sense of time if I told her now she would ask me every 5 minutes for the next 6 months when the baby was coming. We also probably will have to work on preventing sibling rivalry seeing that if I pay a lot of attention to our dogs, Julia will run over and yell "No, MY mommy!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grammy and I loved seeing "two potato".
Aunt Ellen