Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hippos and Flu Shots


A few days ago we arrived home from a day at Lisa and Rob's, Julia was just waking up.  I asked her if she would like to play inside or play outside.  Julia's response "Mommy, I just need a hippopotamus".  She then proceeded to whine and get very upset when I informed her I could not get her a hippo.

Julia could not wait for her flu shot (and I'm not joking).  Ever since she saw that I got a bandaid when I got a flu shot she has been asking when she could go to the doctor and get a flu shot.  Saturday morning I told her that there was a big surprise because today was the day she would get a shot.  She was so excited she wanted to go immediately.   At the doctors office, there were many nervous children with parents talking about gifts etc they would get after the flu shot.  Julia was happily playing and ran up to John and happily yelled "Can I get my flu shot now?".  


No comments: