Tuesday, July 13, 2010

4th of July

We had an excellent 4th of July weekend. At the 4th of July party at my friend's farm Julia had a great time watching the cows and helping to feed the chickens. I do have to question her future career as a veterinarian since everytime she saw the cows she would say "baaa baaa", maybe we'll have to focus on her actuarial skills instead.

At one point I saw Julia carrying around a stool. While I had no idea what she was doing, John and I just stayed out of the way and watched as she carried the stool over to the dessert table and climbed up on the stool.


She clearly has a big drive to eat!!! I guess that explains how at 18 months she got to be 32 pounds (99th percentile), 33 1/4 inches tall (90th percentile), and head circumference is in the 96th percentile (after measuring her head the doctor said "That's good, we don't want her to have a small head on a big body.")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Julia knows what she's doing. Seems like Julia's on the same growth track as Maddie. I asked the ped if I should be worried about her size and she told me no, she's proportionate. Can't wait to get these two together in a few weeks!

Love,
Sam

Anonymous said...

I like her problem solving approach. Let create some more tricky food situations. Example, cookies in a jar like pirate treasure.