Yesterday John and I had "second Christmas" at our house with the Rybolt's and MacGregor's. Since I was 38 weeks pregnant I told everyone that I didn't plan on doing any cooking. My sister happily arranged all the food, she got take out platters from the Olive Garden, my dad brought drinks, and Carole brought dessert. We had "christmas dinner" on paper plates and with plastic forks so clean up was kept to a minimum. We were fortunate enough to have my Aunt Ellen from Canada and my 93 year old Grandmother also join us for Christmas.
John and I have been fortunate enough to get a lot of handme downs from relatives. The most meaningful handme down we received was a white wicker bassinet that was made for my Grandmother when she was born. It was made by her uncle and has been passed down through the generations.
Grammy with her bassinet in the baby's roomAs most of you already know, about 11 years ago my mother passed away from breast cancer. At the time my cousin, Courtney made a baby quilt for me made partially out of my mother's clothing. It has sat tucked away for years and now is finally ready to be used.


1 comment:
Hi John and Sara,
Grammy and I had a wonderful "second" Christmas. We love the pictures. I can't imagine that you still had the energy to post the blog after having all of us at your house. Wishing you well on Friday.
aunt
ellen
Post a Comment