Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cheese, Hardboiled Eggs, and naps...

.... these are a few of my favorite things. Recently I have been getting asked a lot how I am feeling. Overall I feel great and have been fortunate enough not to experience any morning sickness. My primary symptom of being pregnant is that I sleep A LOT. I have been going to bed quite early and typically taking a 20 minute cat nap in the afternoon. Though about 2 weeks ago I laid down for my 20 minute nap and woke up 3 hours later. Needless to say John has picked up all the slack doing all the grocery shopping and all the cooking.

I haven't had any strange food cravings, but I do eat an excessive amount of cheese and hardboiled eggs, followed very closely by pizza, pasta, cranberry juice, and Friendly's Butter Crunch Ice Cream. The strangest thing is that as unbelievable as it is, I can be hungry, very full, and nauseous all at the same time. I did have an aversion to meat that lasted about a week (though I was able to eat fish if I hide it under rice), but that changed when we went out to Bertucci's for pizza. I saw a picture of Chicken Parm and suddenly I knew that was exactly what I wanted. I still can't eat red meat and have to change the channel if a commercial for hamburgers comes on TV.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're big fans of naps! Get as much sleep as you can now because in a few months . . .

Lisa, Rob, Ella

Anonymous said...

The full, hungry, and nauseous all at the same time part sounds familiar. Later on in your pregnancy it will turn to just full and hungry when the baby is squishing your stomach so there's no room for anything even though you're hungry. Then, when you have a newborn, it turns to hungry but no time or ability to eat because as soon as you sit down to eat, the baby starts to cry for food.

I agree with Lisa's comment about getting sleep because in a few months you'll be getting up every couple of hours to go to the bathroom.

Sam

Anonymous said...

Get as much sleep as you can now and enjoy still being able to control your own life. After "Orzo" is born he/she is in control! We had to laugh at your nickname for the baby, but who are we to laugh our child's nickname is "DoDo" It is so wonderful to hear no morning sickness!! Can't wait to see you in Maine.

Love,
Anne, Dave and Sophia

Anonymous said...

Where are the beets?